American Express issued a series of tips all focused on a successful experience in the 2017 edition of online sales of products services with special offers and prices.
- Stay tuned for the alerts of the stores or service companies.
- Check emails to select those that contain the items you are looking for.
- Avoid impulsive shopping.
- Compare regular prices with those of the offer.
- Read the terms and conditions, to know how to apply changes or returns.
- Investigate the characteristics of the product or service you are going to buy.
- Update the passwords of the purchase site.
- Install an antivirus or update it.
Make sure your purchases match your transactions. It is very important that you know yourself and that, depending on your weaknesses, you choose the best configuration for your portfolio. Although we do not all need or can handle a credit card, I do believe we should all have a bank account with a debit card. Recall that, on average, inflation in Mexico has been 4% per year, and this year is dangerously close to 7%. That means that in 10 years of money on the mattress you could lose up to 70% of your savings!
Although having the money saved in the bank will not help you, your bank account is necessary to access more decent investment instruments such as others. The question is whether we should carry the card with us at all times because in practice almost everyone brings some cash: the woman of the, the driver of the truck and the seller do not accept a card.
Some studies show that paying with cash helps, you spend less, but most are done in “rich” countries. Other research from developing countries seems to indicate that many people are “sorry” to pay with plastic, and not loading cash helps them spend less. Finally, he suggested investigating whether the offer provides an extra benefit such as participation in a raffle, or that the payment method provides rewards in loyalty programs.